Home / About / Welcome
Thanks for stopping by. We make a lot of friends in this business, coordinating some of the biggest events of our clients' respective lives. We like to get to know each seller as an individual, to understand their goals for their auction and their lives after. It helps us serve them better, by designing custom marketing campaigns to suit the people and the project.
When you conduct over 200 auctions a year, you learn to be flexible - to listen with care. We approach bidders that way, too, educating them on the auction process, our M3 system, and the property of interest. Our reputation after a sale is as important to us as the sale price; and all the awards in the world can't make up for a record of integrity.
Below is a list of some brief facts you may not have known about Schrader:
- Established in 1944.
- Headquarters located in Columbia City, IN, in a new company-owned office facility, with 10,000 square feet of office space and heated garage/shop for auction equipment.
- Salaried staff (15) averages over 12 years experience, and the Schrader marketing team includes (4) graphic designers.
- Sales representatives (24) in five states.
- Joint venture offices in Florida, Illinois, Michigan, Virginia and Washington and a joint venture office in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Licensed in 20 states and have ability to secure proper licensing in any state.
- Real estate auctions conducted in 40 states. Senior auctioneer has 46 years experience.
- Over 400 years of combined experience.
- Seven staff members and managers with masters degrees. Our President has an Masters in Agricultural Economics and our Executive Vice President has a masters degree in Agronomy
- 200 to 250 auctions conducted annually.
- Annual sales volume has exceeded $200,000,000
- Annual acreage sold has exceeded 50,000 acres plus residential and commercial properties.
- Traditional real estate sales and Section 1031 tax deferred exchanges is a sector of Schrader business
- Conducted the first online multi-tract auction on the internet simultaneously with the live auction on March 27, 2000